Brother SE 400 is one of the sewing machines that have more capability than manual sewing machines in general. Of course, it can be said that because of advanced technology into life with a computerized sewing machine. Combination embroidery and sewing machine designed to make this choice for someone who likes to sew and do exploration with embroidery. The results really are proud of.
Imagine! With the ability of 67 built-in sewing stitches, 70 built-in embroidery designs, embroidery fonts 5 letters, 120 frame pattern combinations, and 98 stitch functions can all be found on a sewing machine only. The Brother SE 400. The perfect machine for embroidery, sewing clothes you have on the same machine, and the business of embroidery and decorations that you have.
As you are aware, there are lots of embroidery machines on the market, but there are few that are as good as the Brother SE400 when it comes to quality, features, and even price.
The SE400 embroidery machine is easily one of the most versatile embroidery machines with the option for normal sewing as well as embroidery. One thing I really liked about the SE-400 is the ability to download updates to keep it running well, not only can it be updated, but you can import designs right into the machine.
The LCD touchscreen display lets you easily choose, control the design of your projects and even view tutorials right from the screen, making it one of the most advanced for its price.
The Brother SE400 is one of Brother’s combination sewing and 4×4 embroidery machines. As an embroidery machine, the Brother SE400 makes it easy for a hobbyist or an experienced seamstress to select and edit patterns using the backlit LCD touchscreen. There are 70 built-in embroidery designs, 5 monogramming fonts and 120 frame pattern combinations to choose from. As a sewing machine, it boasts of 67 built-in sewing stitches, 10 styles of one-step automatic buttonholes, and automatic features such as its threading system and thread cutter system.
The SE400 Brother Sewing Machine was designed to enable the user to create projects with a customized high-end look without having to break their budget to purchase it.
The SE400 is described as a very convenient sewing machine. The ease and convenience at which this machine operates are due to its easy bobbin winding system, its push-button thread cutter, and its drop-in top bobbin.
This brother sewing machine will definitely be easy on your eyes – the backlit touch screen is nice and bright and its automatic needle threader means that you no longer have to thread the needle yourself.
It’s also great for embroidery. It has a wide array of built-in designs, fonts, and frame patterns that make it ideal for crafting or for making personalized gifts. It will suit all of your needs if you need a machine to help you embroider clothing or towels.
If you are a budding fashion designer looking for a feature-rich yet affordable sewing machine then the Brother SE400 is definitely worth considering.
Brother SE400 – Features and Specifications
- Spacious 4″ X 4″ Embroidery Area / 4″ x 4″ embroidery hoop
- 7 point feed dogs make it feed smoothly
- Workspace lighting built into light up the needle area, making it easier to see your stitching while working
- Bobbin winding system makes it quickly prepare bobbins
- Jam resistant, quick set up, top drop-in bobbin system
- One-touch thread cutter
- 67 built-in sewing stitches and 98 stitch functions
- 70 built-in embroidery decorative designs, 120 frame patterns, and 5 lettering fonts come standard. (User can download heaps more)
- Brother Sewing Machine SE400 weight: 24.1 pounds
- On-screen reference guide
- Memory card support
- The advanced needle threading system
- Push-button automatic thread cutter
- Automatic presser foot pressure
- Snap-on presser foot attachment
- Easy to use LCD display with back-light.
- Maximum stitch width: 5 mm and length: 7 mm
- Brother sewing machine dimensions: 20.3 x 15 x 15.2 inches
- You can connect it to your computer.
- Comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
- The best feature – Computerized functionality, makes loading, updating, customizing projects so simple.
On to the positive reviews now and it is here that we find the general view for the value of this Brother sewing machine.
- Computer connectivity allows you to enjoy a future engine update and easy import and digitize embroidery designs directly from your computer. You can directly connect it to a computer with a connection that is located on the back of the sewing machine. So, you do not need to redesign the fabric, enough with the design that you have saved and prepared on the computer.
- Features like an automatic needle threading system allow you to not constantly pay attention to the location of needles on sewing machines generally are often shifted in the middle of the process of sewing.
- And backlit LCD touch screen makes your eyes are not forced to work hard again to see the results of your work details. This is not always able to be found in other sewing machines. This also makes the Brother SE 400 seem to be more different.
- Quick-SetTM while drop-in coils on, easy-winding bobbin system, and built-in push-button thread cutter add a new level of comfort for sewing and embroidery craft. Easier for you to adjust the thread, save time to set the yarn, and minimize waste when you finish sewing thread.
- With a given 25-year limited warranty, reducing the possible damage that occurs in this sewing machine.
Although the majority of the feedback for the Brother Sewing Machine has been very favorable, there still have been some negative reviews given for it.
- One particular complaint that we saw quite frequently was about the machine not functioning correctly. Lots of customers have been unable to work it. Some reviewers have attributed this to the material getting tangled after getting fed down to the bobbin.
- Brother SE 400 has less memory, only allows you to save up to 10 patterns in embroidery machine memory. But you don’t have to worry about it, you can save all of your design on your laptop with USB cable connected to the machine.
- Other complaints that have been made about the product include that the needles can break, that it’s hard to get started using it, that the tension is bad, that it can be hard to thread, and that the built-in designs aren’t very good.
Basically, even though the reviews are generally favorable for this product there are also a lot of reasons that it has been criticized for.
As my user experience one one friend reviews, Almost everyone said he or she found the Brother SE400 very easy to use. Many of its automatic features made using it extremely convenient for both beginners and experienced tailors and seamstresses. As an example, we’re giving you a list of the conveniences that one reviewer enumerated. The said reviewer was more than satisfied with the product because of the many stitch options. According to her, the stitches were not at all difficult to adjust. She also said that machine-made embroidery is a simple task. She still had more to learn about the embroidery function of the Brother SE400 at the time that she wrote the review, but she expressed confidence in the machine’s ability to guide her through the rest of the learning process. According to her, the manuals – the picture guides, written instructions, and USB guide – were more than well-equipped to help her navigate her way around the Brother SE400 machine, containing clear and detailed instructions.
We gathered from most of the reviews that this combination sewing and embroidery machine is a smooth operator, executing straight, clean, professional-looking stitches. It’s also solid, durable, and flexible, giving users numerous options. An example of these options is the choice between sewing with the presser foot or with a button. A significant number of users who reviewed the product apparently preferred the push-button option to the presser foot. We weren’t surprised to find that out since, based on most accounts, the push-button option made sewing a breeze.
We mentioned earlier that there were reviewers who had issues with the Brother SE400, in spite of its popularity and the seemingly general consensus that it is a top-notch sewing and embroidery machine. The very few (less than 1%) 1-star reviews were written by customers who assumably received defective parts or an overall defective product. It’s understandable, of course, that customers who get malfunctioning products aren’t satisfied, customers.
Almost all of the abovementioned customers, though, seemed to have taken issue with the company’s customer service rather than the product itself. Those who had the “pleasure” of contacting Brother’s customer support claimed that the staff was unfriendly “robots.”
The Brother SE400 itself, though, seems to be a nearly perfect product, in spite of Brother being a seemingly less-than-perfect company. We can’t ignore the 90% of customers who used the adjectives “excellent, great, awesome, best” and other variations of those superlatives to describe this combination sewing and embroidery machine. We, therefore, see it fit to recommend the Brother SE400 as a top-notch product; like one reviewer said, with this product, “You get a Cadillac for the price of a Pinto.”
The most prevalent compliment that we found for the product was its user-friendly nature. Most customers have found that this sewing machine is very easy to use, which may be in part due to the instructional video that comes with it.
Other features of the Brother Sewing Machine that customers seem to love to include the easy-to-use needle threader, the USB port that allows you to embroider designs from the Internet, the thread cutter that will cut your thread at the end of your design or between each letter, and its low price.
There is a lot of features of this product that customers are satisfied with.
From my research I have not seen any real bad things said about the SE400, current owners have all praised the performance and quality exceptionally high for this type of product.
This is one of, if not the best-selling embroidery machines available right now. 1000′s of real buyers on Amazon.com have rated it with a MASSIVE 4.5 stars out of 5.
Should you buy the Brother SE400?
If your having a hard time deciding which is best, then definitely try the se400, it’s great for beginners and advanced, full of “useful” features, the Brother brand is very well known, have a quality reputation and the Brother SE-400 will not let you down halfway through your projects.
Brother SE 400 sewing machines not only with advanced technology multifunction worth you have but also can help boost your economy through efficient business using this sewing machine, besides the price of Brother SE 400 is friendly with your personal economic condition of the course.
Would we recommend the SE400 Brother Sewing Machine to our readers?
We are unsure, and here’s why: Generally the feedback has been very good for this product, and there are many customers who love using it. However, there have been just too many criticisms for different features of this product for us to confidently recommend it. Why:
- LED screen, touch panel, built-in tutorials, and quick start guide
- Build-in design, user-friendly, easy to view
- Long-term warranty (25yrs)
- Wide range of accessories
- Great for simple projects
- Free phone support accessories
- Lettering fonts
- Multiple sewing functions
BASIC SPECIFICATION: Brother Embroidery SE 400
- LCD Size (Horizontal x Vertical) inches 2.7 x 1.4
- Display (Number of Colors) Monochrome
- Stitch Select Touch Panel
- Screensaver No
- Opening Screen Yes
- On-Screen Help Yes
- Built-in Languages Yes
- On-Screen Editing No
- Lighting 1 LED
- Number of Needles 1
- Needle Threading System Advanced
- Thread Tension Manual
- Easy Bobbin Winding Yes
- Adjustable Bobbin Winding Speed Yes
- Thread Sensor Upper and Bobbin
- Thread Sensor On/Off No
- Automatic Thread Cutter Yes
- Quick-Set™ Bobbin Yes
- Full USB No
- Computer Connectivity with Update Capability Yes
- Mouse Capability by USB No
- Media Type Embroidery Card
- Bed Area (Depth x Width) inches 5.5 x 13.1
- Work Space (Height & Width) inches 3.9 x 5.3
- Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute) 710
- Knee Lifter No
- Feed Dog 7
- Back to Beginning Key No
- Standard Presser Feet Included with Machine 8
- Built-in Sewing Stitches (Includes Buttonhole Styles) 67
- Buttonhole Styles 10 One-step
- Built-in Sewing Lettering Fonts No
- Stitch Width 7mm
- Stitch Length 5mm
- My Custom Stitch™ Feature No
- Side Feeding No
- Start/Stop Button Yes
- Speed Controller Yes
- Twin Needle Setting Key Yes
- Needle Position Key (Up/Down) Yes
- Automatic Height Adjuster™ AHA® Feature No
- Presser Foot Pressure Adjustment No
- Presser Foot Leveling Yes
- Automatic Presser Foot Lifter No
- Pivot Function No
- Drop Feed/Free Motion Yes
- Free Motion Quilting Foot Optional (additional purchase required)
- Built-in Quilting Stitches No
- Included Quilting Feet Optional (additional purchase required)
- Free Arm Yes
- Table No
- Specialty Feet Included Yes (Additional specialty feet may be available. See Optional Accessories)
- Maximum Embroidery Area (X x Y) 4″ x 4″
- Maximum Embroidery Speed (Stitches Per Minute) 400
- Built-in Embroidery Designs (Non-License) 70
- Built-in Frame Designs 10 Shapes x 12 Stitch Patterns
- Trial Position/Layout Function Yes
- Pattern Rotating 1, 10, or 90 Degrees
- Compatible with Brother Embroidery Software Yes
- Software Upgrades Yes
Not only does the SE400 use terrific technology for even stitching and thread delivery, but it also comes with automatic features that make setting up the machine extremely easy and convenient push-button controls. More notable features are:
- Horizontal thread delivery
- Quick-set drop in bobbing
- Feed dogs with seven contact points
- Automatic needle threader
- Upper thread and bobbin sensors
- Programmable needle
- Speed control slider
- Reverse and reinforcement stitch button